Re: Zumspot

Andrew Ault

Do you want to try 10m N1XCR 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/13/19 12:16 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@ctdstar.groups.io
Subject: Re: [CTDSTAR] Zumspot

I have to agree with Fran I tried having dmr and dstar both running on my hotspot and it creates a headache especially if both networks are active

Sent from Galaxy Note 8
----------------------------------------
Joshua Burke
phone: (860) 917-8303
Joshua.burke@...

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019, 10:18 AM Fran Miele <fran@...> wrote:
First, you won't be happy using both on the same hotspot. To answer your question, it will only send out on the of the radio you are using.

It is hard to explaining why you won't like using both on the same hotspot.Let's say for now that the two mode will bump heads and drive you crazy if there are conversations going on in DMR and DSTAR. That is why most people use two hotspots, one for each mode.

--Fran

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 8:09 PM Charlie <charles@...> wrote:
I’ve just bought a Zumspot (so tiny!) running PiStar. I plan to use this in the vehicle. I see on the dashboard that it supports both DMR and DStar concurrently. So I’m wondering if I have a DMR radio and D-Star radio and they’re both tuned at the same time to the Zumspot frequency, what happens when the zumspot transmits? Do the digital radios squelch anything that’s not decoded? 

Thanks,

Charlie
K1ECU

--
Fran, W1FJM

Join main@CTDSTAR.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.