Re: Which hotspot to buy?

K1MPR Mike

Hello Fran,

I feel you are doing a major disservice by not considering an openspot. I have an openspot2 and love it. Such an easy setup and so easy to use. The openspot3 is even better by allowing full cross-moding (dstar to DMR, dstar to C4FM, anything to anything). It’s also got an internal battery to take on the road and link to a cell phone for connectivity. Join the future and get an openspot.

Good luck in your search,
Mike K1MPR

PS> ISS flyover west Hartford in 5 minutes!

On Oct 3, 2020, at 6:41 PM, Fran Miele <W1FJM@...> wrote:

One of my DVMEGA's bit the dust. I am looking for recommendations for a replacement. I DO NOT want an openspot and I don't want to be restricted to WIFI.  I haven't paid attention to what on the market so I am looking to our DSTAR community for advice. I'm even contemplating a VHF/UHF hotspot. I already have the Raspberry Pi 3 so I don't think I need that.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks
--
Fran, W1FJM