FCC NRPM

Terry M. Stader

Why is that? Is it because a trustee of the “unique” callsign would not want to pay $50 for a 10 year license? I have not read The whole NPRM, so I probably skimmed through too fast.

I understand why a trustee would not use his own callsign for his D-STAR repeater... it might be a worthy test to see if I used my personal call and as long as I did not duplicate a SSID, why wouldn’t it work? We do it on hotspots all the time.

--

Terry M. Stader - KA8SCP

D-Star Gateway & Reflector Admin

That is the exact reason especially if the trustee owns several D-STAR repeaters like we do. We shell out enough for all the equipment and maintenance. Another additional cost is unacceptable.

Regarding using the trustees call, well that isn't allowed in the D-STAR US Trust system and.tomy knowledge, you cannot have the same call on more than one gateway.

Remember hotspots, with an individual's call, can't be registered to the US Trust

We need to fight this proposal

--Fran, W1FJM

Hamshack Hotline# 5618

"Crazzeee stuff happens in D-STAR,..  be part of it"

Warning: Although taking reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses or malicious softwares are present in this email, the sender cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

W1FJM@...